Friday, November 17, 2006

Please say a prayer

Please say a prayer for my neighbors in Riegelwood, NC where a tornado hit yesterday morning. There are 8 confirmed fatalities, two of whom are children and 20 injured, four children critically injured.

Very scary to be so close (about 35 miles), it could have been here.

I am overly emotional anyways and had to turn off the tv yesterday, I just can't stand the footage of body bags and destroyed homes. Especially so close.

Kortney called yesterday to ask me to come home where it is "safe".

2 comments:

ValarieC said...

Oh, Leen, sorry you're sad-ish! Prayers are sent! It's scary for our families , i know, but Those snowy roads can be quite zingy,too! - remember?? How could we forget.. just keep counting those blessings! And remember, each day is a gift till God calls each of us home. The hard part is trying to figure out what He want us to do each day he keeps us here! :)
You, we know are getting ready to hold a nice, fresh, new baby!!
Almost there, Girl!
Here are some hugs to help you get through... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(share them with the baby!:)
~V

Mrs Pretzel said...

I'll be thinking about you! I wondered when I saw the news, if any of my online friends were close. Praying that your family remains safe.

rachel