Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Contentment #3

Saturday morning I woke up around 4 and couldn't get back to sleep, this happens to me often because I have SO much on mind at any given time. By 5 I was emptying the dishwasher and starting laundry (quietly of course, it's a little house and I didn't want to wake anyone). Around six 'ish I gave up even thinking that I may go back to sleep, made some coffee and headed out to the garden.

My yard sounded like a rain forest, the birds were all talking at once. I saw a few herons flying toward the waterway, starting their day. The flowers in my garden are so beautiful right now and there was not another person to be seen. The entire scene was so peaceful. I was enjoying the sereneness (is that a word?) of it all and thinking about the day ahead and was looking forward to my family waking up and making them breakfast and spending a day with them with no plans at all. It made me realize how content I am with my life.

Yes, sometimes I stress and there are even times that I think I may lose it but even then I am content deep inside. I have the most wonderful husband and four great kids (I could go on and on and on about them), I make a living doing something that I love to do that allows me to be creative. I live near the ocean, for gosh sakes, how fabulous is that? I realized that for me, it just doesn't get any better. I did a few of those big happy sighs (you know the ones) and said a little prayer of thanks.

I truly have a wonderful life and I am so thankful that I was given the opportunity to reflect on it that morning. So my blessing for today is contentment and I hope that today you are also blessed with that feeling of a big happy sigh :)

No comments: