Monday, May 18, 2009

Blessings

Every time I get frustrated or stressed out (which lately happens more often that I care to admit), I stop and think about the things that I am grateful for. Try it, it really helps :)

For example, when I have a mountain of work to do and my 2 year old is not content to play quietly with his train set but instead MUST be on my lap rocking, that tends to stress me out! But then I think how blessed I am to even have this sweet little boy who wants to snuggle me and that some day all too soon he will be too busy with friends and girls (gasp!) and other things that he won't be bothered to cuddle his mommy. Suddenly the stress melts away and the snuggling begins :)

I saw an article recently about people listing the top five things they are thankful for. I quickly mentally rattled off at least 20. For the next ten days I will list ten blessings in my life in no particular order (that's because I don't know which ten I am going to use yet). Just ten random things, not necessarily my TOP ten.

I hope this inspires you to think about the blessings in your life and how fortunate you are to have them.

No comments: